Sunday, June 8, 2008

Crawfish Boil

Friday, Kevin drove back from Mississippi with a trunk load of crawfish in a cooler. I would have been afraid they would break free and stage a revolt against their captivity, but fortunately for Kevin, that didn't happen.
Dale and Melanie hosted the crawfish boil along with Kevin. I intended to be brave and adventurous and try just a teeny bit. I didn't succeed. I blame Rob - once I heard him ask David if he wanted the eyeballs and I noticed that they STILL HAD EYES, I was done for. No creepy crawlies for me, thank you. There were lots of other tasty treats, so I was in luck.
Here are some of the more hardy souls, peeling and eating away.
Stobbe entertained us all with "Crawfish Theater" using the carcases as finger puppets. Despite chickening out when it came to sampling the delicacy that is crawfish, it was a great time.

No comments: