Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 3 - Began at Niagara Falls, Ended in Watertown, NY

We got up bright and early, and having battled the crowd at the hotel breakfast were ready to battle the crowds at Niagara Falls. Except...there was no crowd. The parking lot was blissfully empty and we could walk around the state park and take pictures freely. Hooray for early birds!

Rumor has it that I have been to Niagara Falls before, but it seems that I was nine months and my memory isn't quite that good.

It was a spectacular site! And amazing just how close you can get to the river that leads to the falls.
Before we left on vacation, we bought a book called Roadfood. Since we were in Buffalo, NY it seemed only fitting to dine on the wings for which they are known. Our book directed us to the Anchor Bar on Main Street in Buffalo. It claims to be the place where the buffalo wing was created. 15 minutes after opening, it was already packed with locals and tourists.The wings did not disappoint. They were finger licking good - crispy, not too saucy, just the right amount of heat. Mmmm....I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Never mind that bone in the background. My plan was to take a picture as soon as they arrived, but photography was far from my mind when the plate of wings appeared in front of me.

No comments: