Thursday, December 31, 2020

Winter

 Now that Christmas is over, I have seen several variations on "Christmas is done, now it's time for summer."  But not for me!  The year we got married, I developed a lasting appreciation for winter.  Since we got married in December, fall was full of fun activities, followed by our wedding, honeymoon, then David's niece's wedding.  It was a wonderful time, but instead of feeling let down in January when all the activity stopped, I found that the quiet was peaceful and restful.

To kick off this season of  rest, I took off the days between Christmas and New Year off.  The dogs and I have really enjoyed it!

I made America's Test Kitchen's Dream biscuits, which turned out HUGE but were pretty good!
I finished this 'winter lamb' hooked rug for Mom for Christmas.


What could be more "2020" than toilet paper and paper towels with bows?  Festive AND useful!
Christmas day was really cold, but the day after was downright balmy.  The dogs enjoyed splashing in the lake and then drying in the sun.
The dogs and I have logged a lot of time snuggling on the sofa, napping and rug hooking.
Since I've been taking Christmas decorations down, it's nice to have something fun to fill some of those places.  This Frosty will keep an eye on us through the winter.
The dogs don't realize it yet, but they're going to be sad when I go back to work!  I'm loving this time at home!


No comments: