Sunday, February 28, 2021

Weekend

Some weekends, all I make is a deeper dent in the couch.  I did some of that this weekend too, but also found some motivation to do other things.  This is a terrible picture of me but the dog bookends make up for it!  It's really too bad they don't like their people.

The St. Patrick's Day parade is again sadly cancelled, but we can't go without some festive green masks for the day.  
I had grand plans of painting this little two drawer bench when I bought it in September, but hadn't done anything with it yet.  Saturday afternoon it got a fresh coast of black paint, some distressing, and a coat of wax.  Fletcher settled for supervising since I wouldn't let him have a paint brush.

I really like how it turned out!
Two of the four sessions in my Quilting 101 class were canceled due to weather.  The first make up day was today, and we'll wrap up the class and the quilt on Thursday evening.  I've learned lots and had a good time.  Quilting 102 is a one-session class where we'll work with triangles.  I'm excited to try that out, as so far I haven't been great at that.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Almost as good as being there! I may have been a little quick to turn down a green mask for Spring. :(