Sunday, August 24, 2008

It All Started With a Snow Globe

A few weeks ago, I was straightening up the closet in my office where I keep my computer. A little shelf fell over and suddenly water was dripping on the floor. I stood there stunned, knowing that I didn't have a glass of water in there. What? Huh? OH! The snow globe that I had just carefully placed on the little shelf had fallen and broken. Somehow, the little snow globe seemed to hold several gallons of water. And the lovely fluffy stuff that looks like snow? It is hard and sharp and really hurts when you step on it. The snow globe glass hadn't just broken into a couple of large pieces, oh no. Many many tiny shards of glass everywhere. As I hauled stuff out of the closet to clean up, I realized that I didn't really need my big computer anymore. It was just serving as storage for several years of pictures. So, I moved it out. That freed up lots of space in the closet, but also made me notice how much the closet walls need to be painted. Somehow, that led to the realization that the ceiling in the office really needed to be painted. And the color of the walls is okay, but I might like something else. One thing led to another, and now the ceiling has a fresh coat of paint. As do the walls, which are darker than they look in the picture. And the closet that started all of this? It's still without paint, although it's much cleaner now!

1 comment:

laurie said...

funny how one thing leads to another...

your original pinkish walls look like the color i had in my house up in duluth years ago. it was called "capulet."

but the guy at menards called it "catapult."