Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Reader's Digest Version

Since we returned from our vacation, seems that we've been on the go. In no particular order, we've...Attended Krista's annual Derby Party. Hats are strongly encouraged, but I didn't get one put together this year. It's okay...I still got to partake in the most delicious sandwich ever - a Hot Brown with turkey, bacon, and most importantly, gravy.
Attended two Springfield Cardinals ballgames. For one of those games, we had these fancy-schmancy recliner seats. I think I can never watch a ball game from regular seats again. It was wonderful!
Mulched the backyard. 6 cubic feet of mulch. And now...there are tiny maple trees growing EVERYWHERE in our shiny new mulch. It's driving me crazy!
Visited World Fest at Silver Dollar City. It was a rainy day, which was perfect as there was hardly any crowd. We always like to see the group from Trinidad and Tobago.

David also has a new job, which is great because he is home every night. He got to spend a full holiday weekend at home, which hasn't happened in several years. He's been grilling for us, as noted in the delicious picture in the previous post, I've been planting flowers, and we've been to a great concert (will get it's own post soon). It's been a busy spring, but we've enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oooooo that hot brown sounds wonderful - - - and ESPECIALLY the gravy.

Recliners at a ball game?!? Wow, we are living cushy these days, no?

Bravo for the new job.

Keetha said...

You must feel like you're honeymooning again with home for a long weekend! That's great news and I'm glad to hear it.

I'm going to put in a call to Coach Mullen at Miss. State. I think we really need some maroon and white recliners.