Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bad Blogger

I have gotten a bit blog lazy. Here's a Reader's Digest condensed versions of the happenings at the Fremont House. Don't laugh when you realize that most events in our life center around food.

We celebrated our birthdays - with food of course! All-you-can-stuff-down-your-gullet riblets, bacony-good sandwiches at the Jazz Cafe, tri-tip and other yummies, shrimp and crab pasta, and of course, CAKE! The birthday celebrations continued for about a week, which was a nice treat!

This weekend we went to a family reunion of my mom's mother's family. It was fun, even though lots of people had to tell me who they were. I think I was about 10 the last time I saw many of them. David, as always, gets the "good sport" award. He happily drove us to Kansas, met lots of new people, and happily drove us home. Of course, this was a food fest as well as reunion, so you will find two new recipes over at the Fremont Kitchen.

The "good sport" award for Sunday goes to Christina. For about 4 hours, she patiently helped me find something at the mall to wear to David's upcoming class reunion. Clothes shopping with me is no easy task - I whine a lot and complain even more. But, she was a real trooper! Thank you Christina!

No comments: