Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holly the Christms Kitty

There's another new addition at the Downing Home for Wayward Animals. Remember the kitty who showed up one day when I was playing outside with Riley? She came back. She was Outside Kitty while it was warm outside. Riley looked for her every time he went out. One very cold night, Outside Kitty stood looking in the back door at all the warm happy animals inside. I couldn't stand it. I called David and convinced him to let me let her in for the night (it didn't really require any convincing). She started sleeping inside at night, but went back out during the day. Now she's been spayed, caught up on her shots, and is quite happy being Inside Kitty. And she has a name - Holly.She's available for adoption, but in the meantime, she's settling in nicely. Does she look a little familiar? Maybe like this cat?
That's Henrietta on the bottom, Holly on the top. From any distance, it's hard to tell them apart. Except that Holly might be found playing with the dog while Henny can be found putting a silent curse on him. :)

I'm getting caught up on the pictures on my camera, so check back this week for more posts!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I have TWO inside kitties, and while they are SWEET for the most part - - - I'm so sick and tired of cleaning up their shed hair and their fur ball emesis I could SCREAM!!!! I'm wishing mine would become "angel kitties" SOON.

Keetha said...

I would have thought that was the same cat!

We had a Boston terrier when I was little named Holly. She was a Christmas gift to my mother from my dad.