Sunday, November 21, 2010

The BAYBY!

This past weekend, David, sister-in-law* Emily, and I went to Illinois for an early Thanksgiving with David's sister and family. We had a great time and got to enjoy lunch at Five Guys on the way. The highlight of the trip, though, even better than Five Guys, was meeting David's great-nephew for the first time. Luke was born in July, and we were excited to see him in person. In the many years I've known David, I don't think I've ever seen him hold a baby. When his niece plopped this guy in David's lap, he couldn't say no. He is a very cute, very sweet and agreeable baby.

We had a great time with Sarah and family. Our first night, we ate some excellent barbecue Black Dog Smoke and Ale House, then visited David's nephew at work at Jupiters. The next day we visited David's niece at Curly's, the sports bar that she and her boyfriend run. We had a delicious early Thanksgiving dinner prepared by David's nieces before we headed home.

*Emily is David's brother-in-law's sister, but I'm not sure what that makes her to me so I'm going with sister-in-law. Family is family, no matter the title.

3 comments:

David said...

HEY LOOK!

Two fat bald guys.:)

dd

Keetha said...

Look at the preshus!!

I love the way you chronicle where you eat on your travels. That's just the way I tell about my trips, too.

Keetha said...

I can't believe you're going to be so close today! What time will you be passing through Winona?? If it will be after 3 this afternoon, email and let me know. I can come meet you and say hello or you can come by the house for a cup of coffee and pumpkin praline torte, leftover from Thanksgiving!