Saturday, August 25, 2012

Weekends in the Ozarks

We had a great weekend last weekend.  The weather was so much nicer and cooler than it has been.  Saturday morning we headed to the fairgrounds to check out the Ozarks Antique Auto Club's annual swap meet.  


Someday if we have a little land, we'd like an old truck like one of these at the top of our driveway.  It could be a flower bed in the summer, hold pumpkins in the fall, and a Christmas tree in the winter.  Yes, we're weird, but I think it would be neat. :)


I'm pretty sure that there were more people at this swap meet than there were at the fair just a few weeks ago.  The people watching was well worth the price of admission...which was free. :)


Sadly, my favorite car had already sold.  Would I be cute driving this boat?  Wearing my Jackie O sunglasses and headscarf with a Springer Spaniel leaning out the passenger side? :)


After the swap meet, we celebrated my dad's birthday with bacon burgers and chocolate cake.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of our birthday party.  I take lots of pictures of silly stuff, but always seem to miss the important stuff!  Gotta work on that.

Sunday we spent the day putting the new lettering on David's trash dumpsters.  We've done 4 and have one to go!


1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...


I think one of those trucks at the head of your driveway seasonally decorated would be tres cool and a HOOT besides.

Remember my vacay picture of the old El Camino rusting away in a field? That puppy TOTALLY captured my eye.

I think you're cute whatever, but oh my goodness - - - in a Jackie O (I still think of her as K, btw) glasses and scarf with the puppy hanging his head out the window - - - you would truly be "da bomb."