Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Hungry Dames

At the school where I work, they hold a Biggest Loser weight loss contest every January-March.  I've never participated, but decided this year that I really wanted to do something to get in better shape and this seemed like a good incentive.  My two office mates and another good friend signed up and named ourselves The Hungry Dames.  The day of the first weigh-in, we had McDonald's for breakfast and Five Guys for lunch.  We considered it our "farewell to foods", thinking that we were about to embark on a nearly impossible mission where we'd be hungry all the time.
Each link represents one pound lost by our team
It has been 4 weeks since we began.  The four of us have lost a total of 57 pounds and are currently in 1st place as a team in the contest!  I think we're all amazed at our success.  I haven't felt hungry, but I have made some changes in what I eat.  I had no idea how long a bag of pretzels or box of crackers would last if I actually ate the recommended serving size!  Our contest is set to end in early March, but we have all set goals that will take us longer to achieve.  Doing something like this with friends has made it so much easier than going it alone.  David and I have even joined our local Y, and I find that *gasp* I really like going AND sweating!  Wish I'd done this several years ago, but I'm also glad not to have put it off any longer.  I'm looking forward to shopping for some new shorts for this summer!


2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


You go girl! Maybe you'll inspire me.

then again - - - at my age I'm pretty happy with my curves.

;-)

Jocelyn said...

Huzzah and hurrah! Well done, you.

I fight this battle constantly--my problem being that no matter what I eat or don't eat, I'm always hungry. So I'm full of admiration for your positive, unflapped attitude.

And now I want some Five Guys.