Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Independence Day

This year we spend the 4th of July with David's family in Oklahoma.  Edmond has a great 4th of July parade, and the weather was perfect.  We stood and sat in the shade with a nice breeze.
 I thought this was really neat - boy scouts were carrying this very large flag along the parade route.
 There were lots of floats, bands, and other groups.  This was a neat old military truck.
 I'm not so good at the selfie. ;)  I keep getting my arm in the shot!
 After the parade, we went to his cousin's to have lunch and see everyone.  All three of his dad's sisters were able to be there, and lots of cousins.
 I didn't take many pictures, but we had a great time visiting with everyone.
 After a nice long nap, we met up with his cousin again to watch the fireworks at the UCO campus.
Before leaving OKC on Saturday, we went to the Oklahoma City National Memorial at the site of the Alfred P Murrah building.  It's a very sobering place, but I'm glad we went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very festive & fun!
Will there be fireworks pics soon?
Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Great way to spend the holiday--with family, red-white-blue decor and activities. Leila

Erin said...

No fireworks pictures...I decided just to enjoy them. Pictures rarely do them justice. :) Plus, I was afraid I'd leave my phone in my chair cupholder again and it would get dropped in the field...again. ;)