Sunday, July 6, 2014

New Bathroom Paint

Soon after we moved in, almost 9 years ago, I stripped the wallpaper from the master bath and painted it this dark blue.  It looked fine...at first.  Soon though, the paint began flaking away from the places where I hadn't sanded off enough of the wallpaper glue.  
 It stayed like that, getting worse, for several years.  It's amazing what a person just gets used to!  But when I learned that a Parkview teacher was doing some painting this summer, I decided it was time to get it cleaned up.  David and I selected an Eddie Bauer color called Mercer Blue which was a little lighter and grayer.
 It is so nice to have fresh paint on the walls!  I just keep walking in to admire it.
 David had these framed gas station prints drawn by our friend Jim Arnall hanging at Ming and I'd always meant to get the mats changed to go better with the old blue.  The best intentions didn't get that done though, and the mats matched the new paint color so much better.  I love the way they look hanging in there!
 It's so nice and fresh...and the best part is that I didn't have to do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very manly!
What's your next project?

MOM