Thursday, December 3, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Some new additions to the Christmas decorations this year.  I found the Shiny Bright brand topper at a flea market for a reasonable price, and couldn't resist buying it to go with David's mom's ornaments.  I also thought it needed a new retro inspired tree and I found this one at Martin's Floral.  It's a very pale green.  Not something I'd normally choose, but I love the way it looks with the old ornaments!
 I also chose a new tree this year for the spot at the top of the stairs.  It's decorated with cranberry colored wooden beads, dried orange slices, and gingerbread men that I made with applesauce and cinnamon.  I also made it a tea-stained red ticking tree skirt.
 And, just for fun, a new Santa pillow in the chair next to it!  I've had a lot of fun with the new-to-me sewing machine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice! You sure are energetic. Leila