Thursday, December 14, 2017

Havana Daydreaming

I've said I wouldn't do it again, but on our second full day in Key West, I found myself climbing the 88 steps to the top of the lighthouse.  I arrived at the top huffing, puffing, and sweating.  David has been to the top, but wisely stayed on the ground.  See him down there in blue?

 Once we'd enjoyed the views from the top, we returned to the ground to see the Banyon tree.  A museum volunteer told us that before the hurricane, you wouldn't be able to see through the canopy.  It's much less dense now, but still beautiful.


After the lighthouse, we hopped on our bikes and headed to B.O.'s Fish Wagon for lunch.  B.O.'s looks like it was assembled by a hurricane, and appears to be no worse for the wear.
After lunch we walked over to the Key West bight area to check out the Christmas trees and boats.

 By the time we rode back, we were ready for a lazy poolside afternoon, complete with frozen mojitos and cell phone viewing. ;)

 Once we were revived, we biked out to Fort Zach to see the sunset from a less populated place.
I think Todd is dreaming of sailboats.
 This didn't turn out to be the best picture, but I still love it!

The sun put on a great show as it set on another day of fun in Key West.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fantastic 10th Anniversary trip. Dan & Leila