Friday, February 23, 2007

Planning Progress

We recently celebrated the birthdays of two of my grandparents - my Grandma Ellis turned 90 last week and my Grandmother turned 80 on Washington's Birthday. It was great to celebrate with each of them.

According to the Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide - I'm not making that up. It's the actual title of the book - the site for the ceremony and reception must be decided and reserved by March 8. AND I should have ordered a dress and such by then as well. Hmmm...let's see...I think we can still make that date. We've narrowed our church choices to two - to be announced later - and our reception sites to two - also to be announced later. We do have a minister now, so that is progress. The ceremony will be performed by Rev. Frederick Zahn. We have known the Zahn family since I was about four, and Christina Zahn and I were inseparable growing up.

Last weekend, Robyn and I dress shopped a bit. We had to make an appointment to try on anything, so we just hung around the store until it was time. We become so enthralled with the brides modeling all the fancy dresses that we almost missed our appointment.

This weekend, MOTB and I are going to the grand opening of The Wedding Collection - a group of wedding-related businesses working together.

No comments: