Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Fat Tuesday - Yesterday

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I thought I would share some pictures of our trip to New Orleans in 2005 (pre-Katrina). We were there the end of Jan - first of Feb. A week or so before the REAL beginning of the celebration in The Big Easy, but we were fortunate to catch a couple of early parades. After that, I can't imagine being there for Mardi Gras. Here's David near Jackson Square. As you know, we love to eat. We had the best po' boys ever at a restaraunt just off of the square. They were on the best french bread I've ever tasted. Strange thing to remember 2 years later, but yu-um!
A nice man on Bourbon Street took our picture with his beer ad for only $1 - a real bargain. It looks like I should have had a V-8! Instead, I had a hurricane at Maison Bourbon. An aptly named drink - a couple hurricanes and you wouldn't care how hard the wind was blowing outside!
St. Louis Cathedral - Jackson Square

No comments: