Monday, April 21, 2008

A Pirate Looks at 40

We went camping this past weekend on the Buffalo River near Jasper, Arkansas. The weather turned out great, the scenery was amazing, and a good time was had by all. While we don't need a reason to go camping, this trip had a purpose and a theme. Several of our friends turn 40 this year. Kevin was first - last Thursday. Since Jimmy Buffett sings a song called "A Pirate Looks at 40," a pirate-themed extravaganza seemed the perfect kick-off to the year of 40th birthdays. Here are a couple of the birthday folk modeling the pirate hats that Krista brought for them. Somehow I missed getting a picture of Stobbe in his hat, and Krista would kill me if I posted the picture I have of her in her pirate hat.

David's friend Mike loaned us the great kayak/canoe trailer which made transporting all the boats much easier. We had a new tent for this trip - that's it on the left. Very pumpkin-like! Its big claim to fame is that it is tall enough for David to stand up in.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't you find a picture that showcased my entire forehead?

Erin said...

Do you want me to photoshop in some hair?

Erin said...

Do you want me to photoshop in some hair?

Unknown said...

I have some hair there. Unfortunately, there was an inadvertent tucking during the installation of the hat.

Erin said...

Whoops! Apparently I stutter!

Erin said...

Better?

Unknown said...

I was kidding.