Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time Flies on the Weekend

Is it Sunday evening already? How did that happen? I'd like to order another weekend day, please. Friday night, we took red beans and rice to my parents. My mom and I eat it, but my dad and David love it. Saturday, David took me to the greenhouse where we bought our big trees last year to pick out flowers. Then we went to check out the Ozark Bluegrass Festival/Farmer's Market/Car Show/Art Show that we'd heard about on the radio. It was cool out and really windy, so I didn't last long. I'd go back next year though. I don't know a thing about bluegrass music, but I still like to listen to it.
Today I spent most of the day outside planting the flowers we bought yesterday. I'm trying to grow tomatoes for the first time since we moved here, so we'll see. For the cost of new pots, supports, dirt, tomato spray, and plants, I could probably have bought quite a few tomatoes at the Farmer's Market. But, there is something especially rewarding about eating tomatoes off your very own vines. We'll see how they turn out!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

This weekend there WILL be another weekend day - - - Memorial Day!!!

Keetha said...

I feel the EXACT same way. I'd just like one more day per weekend, please. Every weekend.