Monday, August 17, 2009

Ernte Fest 2009

For those who aren't from around here, a little background: Ernte Fest is a German festival held in Freistatt, Missouri every August. It's hosted by the Freistatt Lions Club as a fundraiser for various charities. It's also an excuse to drink beer, eat brats, and play bingo - in no particular order. One of the highlights is the polka music. They play the Chicken Dance with increasing frequency as the night wears on, hence the very flattering chicken hat. :)Any guesses as to what Kevin is doing in the background of the picture below?We didn't ever win at bingo, but Todd did win big at the put a quarter on a color game. I'm sure that's not the official name, but it's the best I could do. And by win big, I mean he could almost buy a box of popcorn with his earnings.My camera battery was dying, so I didn't get very many pictures. But it was a very good time!

1 comment:

Keetha said...

This has already got me looking forward to the State Fair in October!