Saturday, February 20, 2010

Summer Camp



For sometime I have had this idea for a camping trailer. I love camping and we usually combine a camping trip with some other activity, i.e. kayaking, bicycling, hiking, off roading, geocaching, etc…

What I hate is the preparation of such a trip. Usually starting three or four days prior to a weekend trip, I start collecting and packing the equipment we will need. The camp stove, tent, kitchen utensils, camp chairs, potable water, kindling wood, sleeping bags, the list goes on and on. Like I said; I love to camp but I also don’t want to go without any of life’s “Necessities.”

Some time ago, I came up with the idea that I wanted to build a camping trailer. Have all the things that you need already packed away and just waiting to head out. Add soda, beer, water, food for the weekend and hit the road… just that simple.

This is the beginning of what I hope will be our key to more camping trips, better equipped camping trips, and less preparation time before camping trips.

This is how the little trailer sat the day I brought it home.



This is how she sits after some axle work to get better ground clearance. As with everything, building this trailer will be limited by time, money and my creativity.


Now where did I put that winning lottery ticket?

To see some other ideas for getting out and camping without really “Roughing it” check out the Forum at the Expedition Portal website: http://www.expeditionportal.com/

dd

1 comment:

Erin said...

From Riley: Is there room in there for my crate? I wanna come too! Can I? Can I? I'll be good! I wanna come too!