Sunday, April 25, 2010

Santa Fe

The last leg of our trip took us to Santa Fe. The last time we were there was about 9 years ago, so it was nice to be back. David's favorite Santa Fe restaurant, The Blue Corn, was still there and still delicious. Our first day there, we ate lunch at the Atomic Grill. We opted to sit outside to enjoy the high desert sun. A few minutes after ordering, the wind picked up and the rain moved in. Burr! We still enjoyed our lunch there and returned for breakfast the next morning.

One thing that we had to do while we were there was visit Jackalope. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It is a shop that just goes on and on, with multiple buildings and lots of stuff outside. Lots of imports, some local art. My favorite part may be outside. The colorful pots were tempting, and almost came home with us.
These benches were even more tempting. I don't think there were any two alike. Since I could never have narrowed it down to just one to bring home, I'm opting to paint our old bench instead. I didn't take a picture of it, but they even had a little adobe dog house!

No comments: