Friday, October 8, 2010

A Bump on the Road to Living With Less

Last week, Christina and I went to the Ozark Craft Festival. Lots of really cute things...lots of really awful things. There were lots of decorative things that caught my eye and tempted me, but I stayed strong. We both did - we left empty-handed except for my Coke and burger for lunch.

Today, David and I went to Apple Butter Makin' Days. We ate some goodies - fried potatoes and a ribeye sandwich, homemade ice cream. And left, again empty-handed. But then I asked him to stop a neat little store that I rarely go to. Her hours just don't match up with the hours I am through that area. As always, I was the only customer which always makes me feel compelled to buy something. And I did. On impulse, I bought a cute sign to go over the kitchen sink.

It doesn't even fit over the kitchen sink - too long. I could hang it, but then could not open two cabinets. So now I have a stinkin' thing bought on impulse and I don't even have a place for it. I'm annoyed with myself for not exercising more self-control. I guess there will be bumps on this road to living with less. I will occasionally still make a purchase that I'll regret. I just hope there will be fewer!

No comments: