Monday, October 1, 2012

Kitchen Before and After

Back in July, I told you a little about the kitchen at my very first house.  It was in good shape, as was the whole house.  It just wasn't my taste.  The turquoise kick board under the cabinets, the mauve formica on the back splash, the flower pots holding up the end of the counter, the ceiling fan...  This picture is taken after work had already begun, so it looks extra bad, but you get the idea.  I used to keep this picture on the refrigerator to remember how far it had come!  
 Here its the finished product.  My aunt and uncle painted all the cabinets and the yellow accents and installed the bead board back splash.  My dad put new porch posts in place of the flower pots.  My mom painted the dining area. David installed a new light fixture. My grandmother hung the wallpaper border.  I put on new cabinet pulls.  That's just the list of what those folks did in one room...it goes on and on for the rest of the house. The kitchen ended up being one of my favorite things about that house.  It was so bright and sunny.  Amazing what a lot of elbow grease, some paint, and some wonderful friends and family can do!
 **David and I had only been dating a few months when I moved into this house.  He was very involved in all the work that went into it.  I still wonder why he didn't run the other way.  12 years later and the home projects continue... ;)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT MEMORIES!

NOW YOU ARE CREATING NEW ONES!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT HOUSE WAS A WONDERFUL "FIRST" HOME FOR YOU....THE SETTING, THE LOCATION & NEIGHBORHOOD, BUT MOSTLY IT WAS WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN!

GREAT MEMORIES!

LOVE,
MOM