Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grueling Drudgery

AH-HA It is I the Galloping Gaudy Groom checking in to see what’s up in the Blog-O-Sphere. Erin and I spent all afternoon working on wedding this and wedding that. We went to five or six jewelers (lost track due to retinal blindness brought on by the B-LING) looking for the perfect wedding bands. Much to my horror I have discovered that I have larger-than-normal fingers… imagine that. Apparently a jewelry store is not like a shoe store where they have a few sizes lying around in the back room for you to try on. NOPE! The jewelry store must special order size 13.5 rings and that takes four to six weeks. There is special lighting in jewelry stores that could make the bottom of a beer can sparkle. This lighting also puts out a lot of heat so it was with sun burnt foreheads and in the early stages of dehydration, Erin and I had to stop for a soda.

Erin’s day started off early with a trip to the summer wedding extravaganzoo. Erin and Gail fought off the other would-be brides and came home with many cake samples for me. THANK YOU!!! We have narrowed the cake bakers down to two. We will be making appointments with them in the near future as additional taste testing will be conducted. YUM.

We finished off the day – just prior to the day finishing off me, with a romantic dinner at Chilli’s. Nothing says romance like me singing over and over:
“I Want My Baby Back-Baby Back-Baby Back-Baby Back…. Chilli’s Baby Back Ribs”

Peace out my fellow blog-nation brethren.

dd

No comments: