Sunday, October 7, 2007

Groom's View

After nine months of cussing and discussing with friends and neighbors, clean-up from last January’s Ice Storm is finally over. (You can’t over-plan for stump extrication) What I figured would take several attempts and copious amounts of hand-digging, actually went very smooth and easy. Had I known that the stump would give up so easily – I might have worked on it earlier in the summer. With the stump gone and the fence repaired the only sign of January’s Ice Storm are the broken limbs still visible in the tree tops. I was secretly hoping that a skid steer would be required for the stump removal. You may be wondering what this has to do with wedding planning as we get ever closer to the big-day. Well, it has little to nothing to do with wedding planning but a lot to do with keeping the fairer half of this operation happy. If the bride ain’t happy-ain’t nobody happy. The stump removal also falls into the “Towing” category of the groom’s duties, as does running of the chainsaw.

Erin mentioned my buddy Bill, his wife Wendy, and their daughter Shannon were in town from Calgary Alberta. It was great to catch up with them. Here is a picture of Bill posing with his Hummer. After this picture was taken the Hummer was painted yellow and Bill used it as a promotional vehicle for his sprayed-in bed liner business. Thanks for looking me up Bill - I promise to stay in touch.

It has come to my attention that I have neglected to introduce the Groomsmen. I will be doing that over the course of the next few days so stay tuned.

dd

No comments: