Friday, October 19, 2007

The Groomsmen In Bloom

Robert S. F*****

Glory…Glory… Kappa
Kappa-Alpha
Glory… Glory… Kappa
Kappa-Alpha
The South Shall Rise Again

This is the chorus from the only Blog-appropriate song I can come up with from my days at the Kappa Alpha Mansion on the Drury College (College then, University now) Campus.

Ah, the formidable years…

A good many of those nights were spent with Brother Rob doing what frat boys do best.
Nose to the grind stone, studying hard for the next big exam…
Holy Crap! I can’t even type that without snickering.

Rob and I were pledge brothers together in the fall of 1988. When we weren’t studying we could often be found at a smoke-filled, beer-stained bar called the Twilight. Many stories come to mind when thinking back thru the haze of the past - almost 20 years. When I go to type out those stories I feel I should protect myself from self incrimination. When you see Rob at the post wedding reception – ask him to share a story with you. By that time it will be to late – Erin will have already married me.

International Man of Mystery…

Always a hit with the ladies…


dd

No comments: