Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Groomsmen in Bloom

It has occurred to me that the groomsmen for the big event have not been lampooned, uh – I mean “introduced” to those of you playing the home edition of “Road 2 Wedded Bliss” If, after all is said and done, they are still speaking to me you will see them in striking form on December 8th. Now for the less than striking form…

M. Todd H**** (last names will be disguised to protect the innocent) will be serving as the Best Man for the big fandango. Todd and I have known each other for 20-plus years and grew up a couple blocks from one another back in the old center-city hood. Although he may refute this, my first recollection of both Todd and his older brother Scott was shortly after Scott turned 16 and got his drivers license. Scott drove a blue full-size K5 blazer. One day while I was peacefully riding my schwinn I was damn near run over and killed by a couple of jerks in a blue blazer. Several years later I was introduced to the passenger in the blazer that day – Todd. Contrary to popular belief Todd and I did not attend high school together. Todd graduated from Parkview with an honorable mention diploma from Greenwood. Todd and I attended Drury together and he later went on to get his MBA from Missouri State University.

Much like Chandler Bing from the popular television show Friends, Todd does something with computer databases for St. John’s Hospital. What – I’m not exactly sure? It has something to do with building control parameters for infectious disease databases with longitudinal co-habitational matrix paradigms. Or some such nonsense…
Without further ado… Here’s Todd!

Oh, and one more… Here is Todd sipping on a martini just off Fremont Street in Las Vegas.
Coming soon to a theater near you…
Kevin “I’m A Favorite With All The Moms”
and
Rob “International Man Of Mystery”

PEACE OUT
dd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lies! They are all lies! I must set the record straight.

I don't recall the driving incident, but I do remember seeing David around the hood. He was usually riding his lawn mower around during the summer. He didn't go to school with us, so I always assumed he was a bit slow. The first time I actually met him, was on the first day of summer and in celebration, he came running across the Clarke's yard and did a flip! His glasses went flying off and that is when I knew he was 'special'.

Someday I will learn that no matter how funny it is to stick things on my head, they will always come back to haunt me. I realize that I look stoned in this picture, but that rubber thing was very tight. (I am sure that it was made for kids, and I have a big head)

I don't have much to say about the martini pic. I must have been thirsty.

As for my occupation, I don't even really know. Until that lottery ticket hits, I guess I will keep going.

I don't think that it is really fair that visiters cannot post pictures here. After seeing this entry, I feel like I have some excellent pictures to contribute!

Todd.