Monday, November 19, 2007

Are We There Yet?

I am not the best car-traveler. David would agree. It's hard to sit for so long. I sigh, whine, and often ask the dreaded "Are we there yet?" question. It's a lot like traveling with a small child I guess. As we get closer and closer to wedding day, I feel a little like being stuck in the car. I want to get out and DO SOMETHING! Put on the dress, eat turkey, dance! As we wait wait wait, here's what we're doing to stay busy:

We received an invitation to David's niece Erin's wedding on Friday, ate dinner, and rushed our reply to the main post office. We hope to be the first response!

We spent Saturday cooking up a storm for the annual viewing of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It was a good time, and we all ate way too much. David had smoked 20 pounds of pork shoulder. We had 10 people (I think). For those who are math-impaired, that is 2 pounds of meat per person!

On Sunday, we got a paper so we could see our engagement announcement. You can see it by clicking here. We also picked up my wedding band. Wahoo! We already had David's, so we are that much closer to being official! Sunday afternoon I went to Monett for a family shower at my parents' house hosted by my Aunt Connie. It was lots of fun! She'd sent recipe cards in the invitations and asked the guests to bring a recipe and an ingredient or utensil used in the recipe. I really like to cook (DON"T tell David!) so it was great to get all the family recipes to try. I managed to get there with no camera, so I am hoping that maybe someone will e-mail me some pictures (pretty pretty please?).

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: