Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Olly Olly Oxen Free!

One of many reasons that I love David is "Henrietta Hide and Seek." It's not as weird as it sounds. Or, maybe it is. Occasionally, I'll realize that one of the cats has been mysteriously absent for the evening. Usually it is Henrietta. Gracie is easy to find - she answers to her name. Henrietta will wait silently for you to discover her, even if she has been in a closet all night. I'm unreasonably afraid that one of the cats will escape from the house. If I can't find Henrietta quickly, I begin to panic. All logic is tossed out the window. Even if no door has been opened since the disappearance, I go outside and call her name. Are you wondering yet what this has to do with David? My groom joins in the search. Every time. He remains rational and knows she is in the house somewhere. But he goes around, calling her, opening cabinets, looking under beds. He's never rolled his eyes or suggested that I might look nice in a straight jacket. He joins the search until she is found then goes back to whatever he was doing. I really like that about him.
On a barely related note, the title of this post reminds me of one of my favorite Robert Fulghum stories. You can read it be clicking here.

No comments: