Friday, November 23, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

The stockings have been hung by the chimney with care,
The tree has been decorated with ornaments and cat hair...

Fortunately, I am better at decorating than I am at poetry. I celebrated the annual "wrestling of the Christmas tree" today while the cats looked on. It's a good thing that I will forget that part of Christmas decorating by this time next year. The other part I'd like to forget about is crawling around in the closet under the stairs dragging out boxes of decorations. The rest of the decorating is lots of fun. Harry Connick, Jimmy Buffett, and I spent the morning hanging the decorations on the tree. It's fun to remember where each ornament came from as they're unwrapped from the tissue paper. I was ready for a nap after finishing the tree, but kept opening boxes of Christmas goodies. Apparently I have quite a weakness for Christmas knick knacks. The candles are all in the windows and Tuley's wreath is on his house. A tree from my Aunt Connie has been decked out in homemade ornaments to make the kitchen festive. A really good bride would have a plate of homemade cookies ready when the groom arrives home from work, but David will have to enjoy leftover pumpkin pie instead. :)

No comments: