Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

We celebrated Thanksgiving in Monett with Steak Oscar. Yummy! Steak Oscar is a steak with crab meat and asparagus on top. The whole thing is covered with Bearnaise sauce and is delicious!
We also had picture-perfect pumpkin pie that my mom made using my great-grandmother's recipe. Last weekend at the family shower, my grandmother gave me this recipe accompanied by the story of Grandma Good's pumpkins pies. Grandmother asked her once for her pumpkin pie recipe. She said she didn't have a recipe, but Grandmother could come and make pies with her to learn how. So while Grandma Good pinched and dumped the spices into her hand, Grandmother measured with teaspoons and tablespoons and wrote everything down. Pretty soon they had 2 beautiful pumpkin pies ready to bake.
While the steaks were being grilled, David got to try out my dad's latest toy - his new riding lawnmower. It is FAST! I snapped this picture just in time to dodge out of the way. :)

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: