Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Answer My Friend Is Blowin' in the Wind

We survived the crazy January tornadoes! From 5:30 or so until 10 last night, we enjoyed the sound of the tornado sirens. The kitties and I spent a little quality time in the closet around 7. They were really thrilled about that! Once that round had passed, kitties were freed from their tiny prisons and given treats to compensate them for their trouble. There was quite a light show when we went to bed, but all seemed well. At 2:35, I woke up to the sound of tornado sirens again. Anything at Campbell and James River is too close for my comfort, so David and I rounded up the cats again and headed downstairs with Tuley. The pissy kitties and I hunkered down once again in the closet. David, of course, watched out the kitchen window. I listened intently to the radio, but wasn't too worried until David pushed Tuley into the closet and climbed in himself. In the 8 or so years that I've known him, he's never once taken cover from a storm. So there we all were. Waiting. Listening. The wind was crazy and we heard the big boom of a transformer. We waited some more. The radio assured us that the storm had passed us, so David ventured out. Eventually, Tuley and the kitties and I joined him. We went back to bed for a few hours before dragging out to go to work. We feel very lucky this morning. Lucky, and really sleepy.

No comments: