Sunday, January 6, 2008

Just Another Ho-Hum Weekend in Paradise

This was our second weekend at home with no agenda since the wedding. It's hard to remember what we spent our weekends doing before wedding planning. When we first moved in to this house, we went to Home Depot or Lowe's on Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. There were fences to build, walls to paint, light fixtures to replace. There was some time in between all the projects and wedding planning, but I can't figure out what we did.

This weekend, we continued our LOST marathon. The fourth season begins January 31, and we've committed to watching Todd's DVDs of the first three season in preparation. We are now on the first DVD of the 2nd season. This has been an exceptionally warm January weekend, so on Saturday we headed to the Branson Landing to walk around and then to eat at our favorite Chinese buffet. Today we took Tuley for a walk around the neighborhood and watched more LOST. It was nice to open the windows and let some fresh air in. Since none of these things are really picture worthy, and I find that I prefer a picture to accompany my blog reading, I think I might start through the pictures that were in the slide show for our wedding reception. We'll see how long that lasts, but I hate to disappoint both of the faithful readers by not having any new posts.

The slide show started with this dandy. Another Christmas Vacation group photo. I think it was from 2005. Rob is missing from the picture, but was also dressed as Cousin Eddie in tight white sweater and green or black dickey. I think this picture was taken right before Stobbe (dressed as Mary) tripped on Tuley nearly wiping out the Christmas tree. The shepherd in blue is me and the shepherd to my right is Christina. We're about 7 or 8 I think. The church Christmas program was always directed by a retired 2nd grade teacher named Mrs.Cain. If you were a wise child, you'd wear extra thick sleeves, as Mrs. Cain had a way of moving you around by your wee little skinny arms.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. It hangs over the fireplace in our bedroom. Hoping this spring will bring a little more kayaking and camping!

No comments: