Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wouldn't Be Winter Without Kleenex!

Yes! We are still here! I haven't forgotten about the blog, just neglected it. We have both been sick, but hope we're on the mend. Here's the Reader's Digest version of what we've been up to...Last weekend I went to see 27 Dresses with some friends. Great movie - a little chick-flicky, but very good. David, Todd, and Kevin watched 3:10 to Yuma. On Sunday, I went to Lamar with my folks to celebrate my Grandad Corwine's 80th birthday. It was a lot of fun, but I forgot my camera - of course! David was already sick, so he stayed home. We continued to catch up on LOST in preparation for the season premiere. On Wednesday, David went to Dallas with Todd to pick up Todd's newest addition to his car family - a bright red Discovery. Wednesday night I had dinner with my Dad and Christina at the Grotto. Yummy! I couldn't stop talking about the pizza that I had. It was wonderful! I thought I had avoided the cold that David had, but when Tuley wanted to go out at 3:00 a.m. Thursday morning, I realized how wrong I was! I missed 2 days of work which is rare for me. Grandmother and Mom stopped by Thursday, but wisely kept their distance! I thought that by staying home 2 days and having a weekend to recover that I'd be in good shape for Monday, but now I am not so sure! Yesterday Patty brought chicken and dumplings and cobbler to help us get better. It's amazing what comfort food can do!
David is feeling somewhat better and changed the oil in the Discovery yesterday.
The cats have been glad to have us around, but are really annoyed by coughing, sneezing, and nose blowing. They're good company though!

We finished the 3rd season of LOST. We never thought we really could do it, but cold weather and being sick kept us couch-bound. We are ready for the premiere of the 4th season on Thursday.

Stay well!

No comments: