Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pleasant Valley Sunday

After playing on Saturday, I decided I should get something done on Sunday.  It wasn't really work, as the weather was perfect.
 Somehow, the shed had become so cluttered you couldn't really step in there to do or find anything.  So I cleaned it out a bit.
 I planted some marigolds that were free to me, leaving room for a cucumber plant or two.
 David washed my car and his truck - aren't I lucky? :)
 And I spray painted our big outside table and two smaller ones so that they'd look as fresh as our new chairs.  It was windy, but it worked and they look great!  I even painted the mailbox.  It rusty and pretty ugly, but it looks fresh and clean now too.
After a while, I figured some hammock time was in order.  Being a devoted inside dog, Riley isn't quite sure what to do outside when he's ready for a nap.  Since he thinks furniture is for dogs, I got out a lounge chair and put it in the shade.  He hopped right up there, knowing it was just for him.

Sunday evening we had supper with my parents.  They'd had to be out of town for Easter, so we enjoyed what would have been our Easter dinner, complete with Jello eggs. :)  It was all so good!  After dinner, we sat around a campfire for a little while and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

It was a great weekend!  I really wish it didn't have to end, but I heard a rumor that another weekend is on its way.  I hope it's true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You both got a lot accomplished. You will be ready to enjoy the outdoors if this weather ever decides to stop being 80 one day and 40 the next. Leila