Monday, April 15, 2013

Saturday At Spring Creek

 I love spring weekends when the weather is nice.  Let's face it...I love most weekends.  Spring and nice weather are just bonuses.  Last Saturday, while David got the mower going for another season and made our yard look nice, I had a play date.
 I met Christina and Heidi at the Spring Creek Tea Room for lunch.  The tea room is located in an antique store and has become quite a popular place.  They open at 10:30.  We arrived at 10:00 and found a table...but just barely.  If we'd come just a few minutes later, we would have been on the waiting list.
I've never had a bad meal there.  This time I chose a chef's salad, which included strawberries, red pepper, almonds, sprouts, croutons, ham, turkey, and things I'm sure I'm forgetting, all resting atop a bed of greens.  It was delicious, and barely needs the tasty dressing.
 The company was the best part of the day, followed by the food.  Coming in third were my big finds.  Cast aluminum garden tools, above, and a $12 Longaberger basket, below, were the treasures I brought home this time.
It was a great time with friends, and so nice to come home to a freshly mowed yard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't been there in a long time; they are always so busy. They always have great food.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign the comment. Have you tried the Lemon Drop Tea Room behind Lamberts? Leila

Erin said...

Leila, I have seen it, but not yet tried it. Is it good? I'll have to check it out sometime.

Keetha said...

What a great spring day! LOVE the cast aluminum garden tools.