Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Catching Up

While cleaning pictures off my phone and sorting them out, I realized that lots of potential posts have gone unwritten.  
 I entered a drawing on Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama for Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, which is sweetened with Spenda and sweetens as it steeps as the Spenda is in the tea bag.  I never, ever win anything, so I was really surprised to get an e-mail from Delia saying I'd won!  I'd pretty well given up on sweet tea because of the sugar, but this stuff tastes like the best sweet tea and is calorie free.  Winner winner chicken dinner!  The sad part of the story is that my favorite grocery store doesn't carry it, but Amazon does!  I've finally run out, and I think I'm going to need to restock.
 We had tomatoes this year that we could actually eat!  I ate as many as I could hold until they started causing canker sores.  A good summer tomato is worth a little pain though!
 The Tuesday following Labor Day, we took Riley to the annual dog swim.  Most of the dogs spend their time sniffing each other and staying on the pavement.  Not Riley!  He doesn't care much at all about sniffing.  He'd much rather be swimming.
 The weekend after Labor Day, we camped at Springfield Lake for Bass Pro's annual Outdoor Days.  It was cool and rainy on Saturday, but Sunday was gorgeous.
 I really like David's new addition to our campsite...don't you?  I think every camper needs a plastic flamingo?
That's a little of what we've been up to.  More fun-filled busy weekends are ahead, and I'll try to do a better job of keeping up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've had a great summer leading
up to our favorite....fall!
Ozark Crafts here we come!!
Love,
MOM