Monday, October 6, 2014

Fabulous Fall Weekends

There's so many fun things to do on fall weekends.  So many, in fact, that I took a vacation day on Friday just to squeeze them all in .  On Friday, Mom, my aunt, my cousin, and I went to the Ozark Craft Fair.  You could go to a craft fair in the area just about every September and October weekend, but this one is my favorite.  
 Sure, there are plenty of scary crafts, but there are also about a dozen booths that I just love.  I've seen gourd garlands on Pinterest a lot this year, and was pretty excited to find the one above made with gourds, corncobs, and walnuts.  It smells kind of good too!
 I also found this neat pumpkin made from an old quilt with a feed sack used for the back.  I'm a sucker for pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and materials!  I got a stocking for Christmas and stocked up on my favorite soy candles.  We had a great time, despite the cool temps and cloud cover.
 Friday night, David and I went to one of our favorite pizza places for dinner, then walked around First Friday Art Walk downtown.  On Saturday while David worked, I continued my quest for the perfect window for the guest room wall.  And I found it!

On Saturday afternoon, we went to Farm Fest, where we ate corn dogs and looked at tractors.  There's always lots to see at Farm Fest, whether you have a farm or not.  Saturday night we went to dinner at Bair's for the best burgers in town.

Sunday we went to breakfast (no...I didn't cook at all this weekend!) then to check out the swap meet.  It was good for people watching, but easy on the wallets as we didn't find a single thing that needed to come home with us.  There's a lot of junk out there, and a few neat things that people are really proud of based on the prices. :)

It was such a fun weekend that I really hated to see it end.  The good news is that another one is coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I got to join you for the craft fair!
No matter what the weather is like,
it's always a great time!
Love,
MOM

Erin said...

Me too! It was a great time, even if it was chilly!