Monday, June 8, 2009

Peachy

A few weeks ago, my friend Kevin called to see if I could use any peaches. He was in South Carolina for work, and the peaches were being harvested. Heck yeah I wanted peaches! So he arrived with a paper bag full of these beauties. I wish that I could capture their smell for the blog, because it was just heavenly. I would have left them just like this in the bowl forever, stopping occasionally to inhale their scent, but they were ripe and needed to be used. So David and I got busy pealing and slicing. I made a Peach Blueberry Cobbler, and froze a couple more bags for future use. The only thing that might smell better than the bag of ripe peaches is that cobbler.

2 comments:

Keetha said...

Oh my gosh! Peaches!

I vote for homemade peach ice cream but you can't go wrong with fresh peaches. I'm daydreaming about that scent right now.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh yum!!!