Sunday, June 2, 2013

Durango

After Mesa Verde, we headed toward Durango on the San Juan Skyway drive.  After eating a delicious New Mexican style meal, we turned in.  The next day, we were up to check out the depot and museum for the Narrow Gauge Scenic Railway.  We didn't take the train ride this time, but we are taking my parents and aunt and uncle back there, and we ARE going to do it!  It looks really neat...and a little frightening!
 Here I am, waving to all my fans.  What?  You don't see my fans?  That's alright...I see them! :)
 David driving (do you drive a train?) a real train...in the museum.


 Poor David...practicing shoveling coal in the engine.  Imagine if that was really his job - what a hot, dirty mess!

We'll be back someday to ride the train from Durango to Silverton!

No comments: