Monday, June 15, 2015

Feels Like Summer

While it may not technically be summer, it sure feels like it!  It has been hot and so very humid.  I love summer weekends.  This one started with lunch on Friday with my friend Kelly and her sweetheart of a little girl.
 Saturday, David mowed and I went to the Y and planted the last of the flowers.  I'm pretty sure a nap was had (at least by me) before we went to the square to see what was going on at the River Jam.  We set up our chairs to watch the people and listen to a band called Deep Fried Squirrel.  Yes, that really was their name. :)  I knew I'd like them when I saw a banjo and a fiddle.  Had to go wrong from there, and they were very good.  We weren't really close enough to see much of them, but it wouldn't have mattered, as the crowd provided plenty of entertainment!
 David might disagree on Sunday being a nice day, as he worked most of the day with an uncooperative dump trailer.  I wouldn't be much help with that, so I spent some time in the back yard enjoying the view from the hammock before the rain started.
 When the rain took a breather, I pulled up most of the little evil seedlings from our mulch.
 This is not a great picture, but we had delicious grilled steak with baked potatoes and cucumber salad for dinner.  I added fresh dill to my salad - straight from our little herb garden. :)
Looking forward to more summer weekends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so inviting!

Anonymous said...

Oops!
Forgot to sign my name!
Love,
MOM