Monday, June 8, 2015

Meet Me in St. Louis

Rather than just go to the concert then go home, we decided we'd make a weekend of it.  The day after the concert, we headed to the St. Louis Zoo.
 There were a lot of people there, but it was still a great day at the zoo.
 Here are some of my favorite animals.  What?  I meant the elephants.  What did you think I meant? ;)
 The butterfly dome was especially cool.  The bright blue butterflies were so pretty, but rarely landed long enough for a picture.
 The zebras were pretending not to notice us, but the giraffe was a bit friendlier. :)

I didn't get a lot of other pictures, but we also enjoyed Tucker's Place for a delicious steak dinner.  We went to St. Charles to do a little shopping and to Pappy's Smokehouse for another dinner.  It was a great weekend!  It's good to be home, but by next weekend, I'll wish we could do it again!

No comments: