Saturday, May 26, 2007

Farmer's Market Flowers

My Groom is a prince. I'm sure you have noticed, but it bears repeating. I am so lucky! And the previous post goes down as my favorite ever.

Tuley took a trip to the vet this morning. For the last few days, he's been having frequent accidents in the house. First we were just really annoyed, but it soon became apparent that he was having a problem. The vet determined that he has a bladder infection caused by a change in diet. They couldn't get him to pee in a cup at the vet's office and had to catheterize him - poor guy! I guess he finally figured out what he was supposed to do, as he pottied in the back of the Discovery on the way home. He's now on medicine and will hopefully be on the mend soon! In the meantime, he gets to be limited to the uncarpeted areas of our house. Thank goodness for wood floors and Swiffer wet jet!

I went to the Greater Springfield Farmer's Market this morning to get container flowers for our backyard. Our farmer's market is the largest Class A (Growers only - no resale) market in Missouri. It is so much more fun to shop for flowers there than a big home improvement store. The growers are also the sellers at the market, so it's nice to be able to ask questions. I ran into Christina while I was there - this is one thing I love about Springfield. Even with 150,000 people, you still run into friends while you're out. We found a great jewelry maker - I'm sure she'll be a regular stop for both of us at the farmer's market. Click here to see her website.

Here are a few pictures of the newly planted farmer's market flowers and herbs. There's still an empty herb pot - I'll be looking for dill next week!


We worked on this little rock path last summer. Finally this year there is grass growing around them! I hope that it lasts through the hot summer. Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: