Saturday, June 7, 2014

At Grammy's House - By Gracie

I don't know why that dog likes going on rides in the car so much.  I rode in the car for almost an hour to get to Grammy's and I didn't enjoy it.  I expressed my displeasure all the way.  Maybe if I could stick my head out the window like that dog does, I might like it more.
 I don't really like having to leave my territory, so I was grumpy when I got to Grammy's.  But there are lots of good things about staying there.  Toys for one.  I used to have toys and I really like playing with them.  I can't have toys any more though, because that dog eats them like they are dog treats.  I can tell the difference between toys and treats, but I don't think he's as smart as I am.
 I also like getting special attention at Grammy's.  Even though I am cranky and hiss, Grammy lets me sit on her lap and we watch TV.
 And she plays with me!  With toys!
 I also like Grammy's house because there are new places to nap.  
There are also new sunny spots for me to enjoy!  I would have been lonely at home, so I'm really glad I got to go to Grammy's where I get extra attention.  I was also glad to come home and wait for the people to come back.  I really hoped they would have left that dog in Texas, but they brought him home.  Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, how sweet!
Thank you!
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Great! As you have a "great way with words", you need to publish your Riley and cat stories; they are great (children - and young at heart like us - would love them - include the pictures). Dan & Leila

Erin said...

Thank you, Leila! Living with animals keeps life interesting!