Friday, June 20, 2014

Jimmy At the Drive-In

We got to see our second Jimmy Buffett concert last night!  That's two within a month!  This one was a little different though...and wonderfully laid back.  Jimmy was performing at the Coyote Drive-In in Ft. Worth - we heard that tickets for that sold out in 10 seconds.  Not 10 minutes, not 10 hours.  Ten.  Seconds.  Crazy!  The good news was that the concert was also broadcast to 87 drive-in movie theaters around the country.
 The closest one to us was in Marshall, AR.  It's about a 2 hour drive from us.  Thankfully, David is more adventurous than I am and he seemed to think that we could go AND be bright-eyed and bushy tailed at work on Friday morning.
 We called to see if four-legged movie goers were allowed and were happy to learn that leashed pets were welcome.  So Riley got to attend his first (maybe only?) Jimmy Buffett concert!
 It was a nice, relaxed event.  Not too crowded and the attendees were strangely subdued - not at all like the parking lot party before the concerts we've been too.
 While we waited for it to get dark, we enjoyed our picnic, a little live music, and a lot of people watching.
 Once it was dark, the show started.  It was a really easy way to watch a concert!  On the way out, I thought I'd snap a quick picture of this sign.  But oh no!  My phone!
I quickly remembered that I'd used my phone to take a few pictures, then put it in the drink holder of my chair.  After the show, we were gathering up trash, loading up our picnic basket, and wrangling the dog.  I forgot all about my phone, and David didn't know I'd left it in the chair when he folded them up.  As soon as we realized what had happened, we pulled into a parking lot and checked the chair and bag.  No phone. :(  We headed back, found our parking spot and started looking around.  It was very quickly located, laying forlornly in the grass.  It was a little damp, but otherwise no worse for the wear.  Whew!  All's well that ends well.  We headed home after a great evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three thoughts come to mind:
1. Grandmother would love David's colorful hat as it matches her spring/summer inside duplex decor!
2. Having grown up in the drive-in theatre era, I have great memories of watching movies under the stars! What a great idea to connect other drive-ins for a JB concert!
3. I think losing my phone even for a short time would be very unsettling! Am so glad you were able to find yours!

As always, thanks for sharing.
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Another one of your great experiences we got to share "vicariously"--thanks to the internet and your blog. Dan & Leila