Monday, June 23, 2014

Color Me Happy

A couple of weeks ago, I was having dinner with my friend Christina.  We were talking about the recent weekend she spend helping a friend paint a few rooms in her house.  It reminded me David's bathroom really needs to be painted as I didn't prep it well enough when I painted it 9 years ago, and some of the paint has come off where there was still wallpaper glue.  And the kitchen hasn't been painted at all since we've lived there, even though I really intended to have someone do that when we put in new counters and sink 2 years ago. 
Our conversation inspired me to want some things painted, however it did not inspire me to paint those rooms myself.  I remembered getting an e-mail from one of the art teachers at my school that he was painting (houses, not pictures) this summer.  Perfect!  Before I could change my mind, I called him and responded to his e-mail.
 He'll come over this week to check out the project and give me an estimate, then we'll schedule the day (days?) for him to come and paint.  I'm pretty excited about the prospect of having a freshly painted kitchen and bath!
The bathroom color wasn't hard to decide.  It's already a dark blue, so we're going with just a little lighter blue.  The kitchen though was another story.  I started with all of the paint colors in the top picture.  After consulting with my interior decorator (okay, so it was Mom and David), I narrowed it to four.  Finally, there were two.  Being able to have sample sizes mixed is new since the last time I painted, and what a treat!  I think that would have prevented some of my color mistakes in the past!

We've decided on the top color, which is called Honey Beige.  It happens to be the exact same color as Edwardian Gold that was my kitchen and dining room at my first house as well as our current master bedroom.  I think it will be a nice warm color in our kitchen, and I can't wait to have it done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am excited that the newly painted rooms will soon be a reality!!
Can't wait to see them!
Love,
MOM
P.S. Thanks for the compliment that I'm one of your interior decorators! :)