Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I started decorating early this year for Christmas due to our trip...and my own impatience to get out some new goodies.
 One such new goody is the North Pole Brand candy cane sign that hangs above the Santa mug collection.
 The tree and garland has been in this spot before, but I bought new tiny lights for it and put it in this crock.  I have a lot of favorites this year, but this makes the top of the list!
 I added my cinnamon applesauce stars and gingerbread men to a few bowls containing pine cones, dried oranges, and dried pomegranates.
 If my calculations are accurate, this is the 11th Christmas that I've had this tree.  The lights have all been replaced, but I still really like the tree.  I have to remind myself of that when I'm huffing and puffing and assembling the darn thing. ;)
 One of these aluminum gingerbread men cookie cutters belonged to my Grandmother.  I've collected the others here and there at flea markets.
 I thought this was such a neat Santa.  I inherited him from a friend at her garage sale.
 I've posted this before, but I just love this jar of fake cookies.
Just a little Christmas found its way into our guest room this year, so the tour will continue there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational as always!
Love,
MOM