Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Badlands National Park

In April, we loaded up and headed west.  One very long day of driving got us near Badlands National Park in South Dakota.  This was our first major stop on our vacation.  Badlands is a pretty cool place.  Kind of looks otherworldly we thought.  



I love how blue the sky looks in the west.



After some time climbing around on the rocks and checking out the visitor center, we headed to the famous Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota.  It was quite a place!  It went on and on and on and held every possible souvenir you could possible want, plus a bunch that you wouldn't want!  We had lunch in the cafe before hitting the road again.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

We went on vacay to SD when I was a kid. The Badlands are otherworldy!

We went to a dinosaur park, maybe in Rapid City, and my sis and I climbed all over the dinos before my aunt read the sign that said to keep off.

Also saw the largest hail stones of my life on that vacay.