Sunday, July 29, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

My Aunt Connie really likes chicken livers.  I know - this is weird, right?  I can't honestly say that I've tried them, but I admit the thought doesn't do much for me.  Sorry Con!  For her birthday this year, my mom found a great place that also happens to have chicken livers!  

 Here's the before picture.  Think she can tackle that plate of fried goodness?  This is not a place to go if you aren't hungry.  My own plate was piled high with chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  It was delicious!
And here's the after.  She gave it a good effort, but in the end, the chicken livers proved to be too much for this birthday girl.  Good thing for that to-go box!

This place also had huge cakes that were about a foot tall, pies with giant mounds of meringue, and cinnamon rolls as big as my head.  We certainly didn't have any room for one of those delicacies this time!

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

I will eat well prepared calf's liver - - - but chicken livers leave me cold.

Good for Aunt Connie for loving them.